Tuesday, December 07, 2021

Top of the Morning

A bit bleary today after leading an HOA general meeting last night. Graham stayed home from school not feeling well, Joan is also not well, even Mary (usually the most stalwart of us all) is displaying a little cough downstairs (not a good sign). I of course feel tired but then I always do, especially after a working road trip followed by the shit show that is our HOA general meeting, so it's hard to untangle exhaustion from disease. Particularly when I am listening to the tales of Kastorp et al. up at Davos, pontificating and perseverating over every symptom and the filigreed significance thereof.

Plus it was hard to go to sleep with my mind course racing from the adrenalin of performing for 70-80 neighbors on Zoom. Happily, afterwards I was able to curl up on my own private sofa and enjoy some TV, this time Netflix's Sex Education, which is starting to develop some depth and resonance as it moves past its somewhat silly premise into actually letting us get to know its protagonists. It is moving in the direction of a combination of Stranger Things (good-natured geeks and outcasts stick together) and The Breakfast Club (all teenagers are insecure oddballs when you look at them at the correct perspective), larded with plenty of instances of general good humor. I can work with this. 

No comments: