Friday, December 31, 2021

Round up

So it draws to a close, this 2021. By the way, oddly enough, I just looked at 2021 and thought: is that a prime number? It surely looks an awful lot like one. The answer, per Google, is no. It is 43 x 47. Which is pretty dadgummed close to being a prime number in my book. But I digress, which may shock you.

2021 turned out to be a disappointment of a year in many ways. Not financially, mind you. My clients made money. I made money. Not only did I make money, I satisfied some long-held desires and now own such things as a new couch, window blinds, and an electric guitar. Also we pressure-washed our roof, which was very satisfying. Natalie has a new boyfriend and he is just lovely. Mary's book came out. (Readers who have not yet purchased one may do so here). Soon we will even have all of Graham's college applications in and that die will be cast. It was just the whole COVID thing that continued to suck, and the fact that politics remains fairly crazy and the government therefore largely subfunctional.

But in the most important category -- namely number of blog posts -- 2021 has been a triumph indeed. With so much of the year lived in a relatively monotonous, interior way, you might have thought there would be little to write about. And maybe that's true. Nonetheless, I wrote about it. I appreciate your continued and diligent readership. But now, it's time for tennis.


No comments: