Thursday, December 16, 2021

A golden moment

So it's already 9:30 and I'm still sitting here in the arm chair in my study, the arms of which had the hell scratched out of them by the cats, necessitating its forcible retreat from the public portion of the house. The light comes in golden from the East about now, especially in winter, but it hasn't yet come around and settled on my screen. It's a nice time of day.

It's not that I haven't been working yet, mind you. I've already straightened something out on Paypal and sent a couple of emails to clients. And signed a contract for the LFA and did a little promotion of Mary's book and arranged logistics for Graham's booster shot this evening (which sadly conflicts with a robotics competition).

Yesterday evening Graham's friends Sam and Tyler were over "working on homework" at the dining room table because they couldn't find a good public place to set up. Actually they were also gossiping quite a bit about who got in where in the first round and kvetching about why Duke and Harvard wouldn't let them in based on their perfect SAT scores. It was a little annoying because I was tired and Graham had to do some college admissions stuff BUT it was the quintessence of high school and totes adorbs. We need to be sure to encourage Graham to do it again. With both an armchair and a couch and a desk up here in my study and another armchair in our bedroom, Mary and I can totally retreat to up here and let Graham and the fellas hang out and be the high school goofballs that COVID has sometimes made it hard to be.  

No comments: