Thursday, December 02, 2021

Hitting the road

Headed south to Greenville and Athens over the next couple of days to see clients, which will be my first time venturing out further than... Raleigh/Hillsborough/Saxapahaw/Southern Village since Labor Day weekend. At some level I'm still recovering from all the summer road trips, but I'm also kind of raring to see a little more of the world.

Finished Bojack Horseman last night. It was really quite something, highly recommended. I was very pleased to see that there was a little redemption in the end for our guy and all his core crew. The penultimate episode had been very sad and might have contributed to my getting up in the middle of the night before last, which I remedied with a Sonata, reading an excruciatingly boring book about the finer points about Social Security claiming strategies, and setting up on the new couch to sleep so I wouldn't disturb Mary. It slept just fine.

We had taken Mary's car in to Auto Logic yesterday for an oil change and for them to track down a suspicious smell somewhere in there. When my phone rang late yesterday as I was out walking, I was hoping for good news, instead I hear Bo's voice telling me "You've got something dead in your car." Sigh. It was deeper in the AC system then we had hoped. We'll find out where, but it will cost a little more than I was hoping for. Mostly I'm thankful for a good garage that OK'd the additional expense before diving in to trouble-shoot the issue.    

No comments: