Tuesday, December 14, 2021

tick tock, tick tock

Today at 6 pm Graham has been told to expect an email from Tufts, so we are hopeful that this whole college-shopping thing will come to a close. Frankly, they had better let him in. The alum who interviewed him said "Let me know when you get in," which is something I would never ever ever ever say when interviewing for Yale. Just the fact that Tufts has guided us to expect an email exactly at 6 is something I would never do if I weren't setting up expectations. Not good practice.

It's not, frankly, that Graham is deeply in love with Tufts. It was fine, as were a number of other places we looked at. The fact that it's as chilly as it is up there is a negative for a softy like Graham, a kid whose instinct is to put on gloves to take out the trash when it's 50 out. The fact that direct flights from RDU to Logan are available at all times of day and that JetBlue is one of the primary carriers is undoubtedly a positive.

In any case, we shall see what 6 pm brings. I have a very full day between now and then, which is a blessing, so I won't be obsessing over it too much. I won't think about it at all, I promise.



The punchline: he didn't get in. On to the rest of this joyous process.

No comments: