Saturday, December 18, 2021

Emerging from a gauntlet

Yesterday was one of those days: Rascal kept puking, Graham was sick, at work we had some internal squabbling over logistics and personality clashes, I was working through the details of an unfamiliar account set up and made a small booboo (thankfully it was for a personal account so my clients can benefit from me learning from my own mistakes), and I had to counsel a client about some marital challenges.

At the end of the day things got a little better. I thumped Adam in our first set (6-2) but he held on in the second (7-5), but generally I played well with the exception of an implosion in the second set where I double faulted three times in a row or something like that. That was the Christmas spirit shining through my racket. Then while Mary was at the vet I improvised a very nice dinner with the help of the internet. It certainly helped that I was beginning with a big hunk of meat (a pork tenderloin) and potatoes. Add garlic, dijon, and honey and it's hard to fuck it up.

This morning most everything is in order. Graham is better -- clearly he was having side effects from his booster shot the day before; Rascal is not puking. I've still got a couple of things to sort out, but I think we can drive north tomorrow.

No comments: