Friday, August 12, 2022

The new dimension

Got back from the Farm where Adam and I did battle (1-6, 6-2 today) and, as usual, I had a bunch of sweaty clothes, which I added to Mary's from earlier in the day. Mid-process I realized that -- for the first time in recent memory -- there was no reason to go to the other end of the house to get the laundry of either kid. It was bittersweet at best.

Earlier in the morning I had traveled to meet a client who, surprisingly, is fully disabled. That was pretty shocking. I can't say much more than that lest it be clear to my readers who I'm talking about. More and more the reality of mortality and limits is forcing its way into my view.

But not enough to slow me down just yet. A quick two-footed hop over the net today between the sets helped me turn the tide. 

No comments: