Thursday, August 04, 2022

Natalie heads off on the next leg

Natalie took off this morning for Chicago, thence to California before carrying on to Alaska in a week and change. We all cried a little, though I tried to hold it in. She excitedly told me that her organization would be taking her to a conference in the "city" (population ca. 5900) of Homer in September.

Of course we are mostly excited for her to be off on the next leg of her journey and we were pleased with how she rallied in the last few days to cut down the incredible amount of excess stuff that had come home with her from college on top of an already full bedroom. It's hard to let go of stuff.

My officemate David tells me that there is nothing but upside with our children moving on to the next stage of their lives. Part of me doesn't doubt that he's right. But it's a little hard to see it right now.

No comments: