Wednesday, August 17, 2022

A little unsettled

Yesterday afternoon I was showing the new Board member who will become our primary go-to for the dam around. Thankfully he's an engineer who works on flood plain design etc. so he actually knows something about water in a professional way. While there I saw some things that were a little unsettling. One thing some neighboring homeowners had done (flat out stupid), the other something that water was doing, and it's hard to fault water. Actually the latter I was only something I was able to confirm because I have been taking pictures for years to monitor change, so really I should just be patting myself on the back. We may have to suggest that the Board do something the community won't like but there would be political upside to it.

Meanwhile, a client referred to herself in an email as having a terminal diagnosis. Something I had known and her too, but it was melancholy to read her saying it. She is such a trooper. I love her dearly.

Also, Mary has to go north tomorrow to help her siblings take care of her mom, who is having some of the health battles common to 90-year olds. I only bought Mary a one-way ticket because I'm not sure how long she should stay. Mostly I'm sad because I will be alone in the house. Never happy doing that for long.

And then the Wyoming voters go and punish Lynn Cheney for having to eyes, ears and a conscience. Scary times.

Anyhow. On with the day. Need to do my job.  

No comments: