Friday, April 30, 2021

Semi random phone calls

Much of today has disappeared into unexpected calls with clients. One in New York, who is dealing with both cancer and with separating from her husband, another from Maryland, whom I may miss on he visits NC in June. Also my mom, who's a little disappointed about something. Also I went to the mall for free pizza, courtesy of a local realtor who sends me free things just because. Plus I dumped some tasks on a kid from NC State who is being a big help to us this spring, for proper remuneration of course.

So I haven't "gotten all that much done." But what a fine day. How awesome to speak to these good folx about this, that, and the other too, much of it financial, but just as much about family, what we expect of each other, and how to reconcile those expectations with what we get. All good.

No comments: