Friday, April 09, 2021

Making progress

As my business improves, I am making progress on a number of key fronts around the house. First off, the new couch for my study, long lobbied-for, has been ordered and should be here in 7-8 weeks. We have had a blinds guy come into the house and we have samples for blinds for my study. Now I just have to have Mary look at them and make a decision. I have a new to me -- and my first ever -- electric guitar, thanks to my friend Nick up in Brooklyn. I also have the software, doohickey, and headphones that allow me to play and mix it through my laptop. However, it takes a lot more effort to hook it up and get the software right (it's confusing) than to just pick up my acoustic, so the electric has not yet taken over.

What I really want to do is have somebody come in and clean our metal roof from the decade-plus of gunk that has built up on it. It should last longer and it will be really shiny! But getting somebody to do that has been a big fricking ordeal, mostly because Mary is skeptical about the impact of a bleach solution on her plants. Also, the house and deck just crave a good powerwashing.

I also need to wash our cars, particularly hers, which looks like a homeless person's car from just sitting in the driveway and not being driven.

Once I get the roof cleaned, I will be like Navin R Johnson from The Jerk. I won't need one other thing. Except for my paddleball.

 

No comments: