Thursday, February 08, 2024

System conflicts, and Florida

As I think I've written before, my life has become extremely systematized, which generally works well. One example is that my morning pills are taken downstairs, so I have them organized in a drawer there, whereas my evening ones go down my gullet upstairs, where they are all neatly counted out in one of those weekly pill dispensers so that I don't have to waste time counting them out each night. So far, so good.


Then I go on the road. Thinking myself the seasoned road warrior, I throw my pill dispenser thing in my bag and go. But of course, as the attentive reader will have noted, all that has is my evening pills. On a short trip I can get by just fine, cannibalizing tomorrow's evening pills for this morning's (there's only one overlap). Except. Except except, I have no Sonatas, in case I have sleeping difficulties, as I did last night, and as I used to often in hotel rooms (I just forgot about it). The long and short of it is there is no perfect system for everything. Though I should have remembered the sleeping pill thing because I literally just went through it in Colorado and had to cadge an Ambien off a friend as insurance.

In any case, here I am in Florida, in Boca Raton, at the home office for some internal meetings. It's a little odd to be here. Most of the people I saw yesterday were on the older side, which makes me think. This morning in the hotel's breakfast area the majority of people looked to be business road warriors, which comforted me oddly, though it brought back memories of a time of life I'm happy to keep dialing back. More on Florida later.

No comments: