Friday, June 30, 2023

The Dread One

Rubbing my eyes recently in a moment of tiredness, I felt an unfamiliar twinge of pain. What's up with that? I thought to myself. A quick gander in the mirror disclosed that there was a new polyp up there. It doesn't look all that fetching, but thankfully it's not visible without a little eyelid manipulation and plus I am married, so nobody really cares that much.


At the same time, my cousin Neva's husband Tim -- who has been wrestling hard with cancer for some time -- seems to be getting thrown to the mat a little more frequently than usual of late. He keeps grabbing the ropes and hauling himself up off the mat, but cancer is not kidding around here people.

All of this would seem to argue for my going home and hanging it up for the weekend and enjoying life, which is indeed the plan as soon as possible. I am just waiting for a client to send back one thing so I can send it up to Schwab and get them working on it. Cmon now dude, let's get this goin.

No comments: