Sunday, May 28, 2023

On not dancing

As per usual, the last night of the reunion featured dancing. As per usual, I didn't dance.

I used to enjoy dancing quite a lot, but I've been out of the game for a goodly spell by now. It's hard to put a definite finger on why that is. Obviously, not drinking plays a big role. I just don't get caught up in things as I once did. Being married is part of it too. Sad to say, a lot of the dancing was thinly disguised trying to show off and peacock around so as to attract this woman or that one. I mean, obviously, if I had a girlfriend I'd be focused on her and rubbing my body up against or synchronizing with her, but if I wasn't..I still enjoy dancing with Mary at weddings and whatnot, it just doesn't come up very often.

I also see no need to get all sweaty before going to bed.

I dunno, maybe it's a shame I can't just enjoy myself getting out there and cutting loose, maybe I would if I did. But I don't. Oh well.

No comments: