Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Industrious, W 24th St

Up early to catch a 7:25 flight to JFK. Had to pad my time to be sure I could find a parking spot in the RDU lot, despite the fact that I had a "reserved" spot. All that really means is that mathematically, there should be a spot for me somewhere in the lot. The parking gods smiled on me and I found one easily.

I was most fortunately able to check into my hotel early, then I hustled uptown for lunch with a client, before coming to the Industrious co-working space on W 24th St. I had realized at the airport this morning that I could use one of the many Industrious spaces sprinkled around the city. This one fit my day.

It is slightly uncanny that so many of the things are the same: the coffee cups, the office chairs, the seltzer machine. But it works just fine. It is much better to hang out here and meet my friend Denise than it would have been to wander round the city and pay high retail prices for coffee. Overall, a lifestyle improvement.

No comments: