Tuesday, February 01, 2022

Dream of the Cruise Ship home purchase

I was up last night from 3 to 5ish and tried out some of the tricks I had read about for "second sleep," the time when people back in the olden days would wake in the middle of the night and do some work or sit by the fire or whatever before going back to bed. Naturally, I used the time to do so reading, to make a little headway in the Helen Oyeyemi novel that Natalie lent me when I asked for some suggestions off of her shelves.

In the end, however, I had to take sleeping pills. It happens sometimes. Eventually I went back to sleep and I dreamt that for some reason we had sold our house and bought this old fashioned cruise ship which specialized in doing dinner cruises, formal dinners, off the coast down near Wilmington or something. I had the impression that I remembered the ship from another dream. All the rooms on this ship were small, I had no idea where I would put my books, and I completely dreaded the idea of having this nightly dinner obligation. We had to close on the transaction around April 15th. "What the fuck was I thinking?" I thought in my dream.

I was beyond delighted when Mary's alarm went off sometime around 8. Saved by the bell, again.

No comments: