Friday, February 04, 2022

TGIF

It's been another of those five day weeks. Five consecutive days. Moreover, earlier statements about Saturday being my sabbath notwithstanding, I find that I have a walk with a prospect scheduled for first thing in the morning tomorrow because that's when he can meet. I will miraculously transform that into play by going to Deli Edison afterwards for a breakfast sandwich. Then I have tennis at 12:30.

But I will also need to carve out some of the foregone Saturday into a lower-intensity Friday, which can easily be arranged with the aid of my COVID-era work attire (to wit, sweatpants, soft long sleeve T-shirt, slippers) and my home office set up.

My car is having scheduled maintenance by the good people of Auto Logic, always a fine feeling. In the evening we have planned Peruvian take-out from the new place on Elliot, Alpaca (no, wait, the interweb tells me it's not open yet, but it's an NC chain with 10 locations at present, so I am all for it).

Today I will work on some new problems: helping a client and old friend learn to manage credit card debt; helping a medical practice 401k client track down a new CPA that can help them select and implement new systems so that the practice manager can start taking things off her plate and downshift over the next decade; scheduling time with mom and some real estate types to help us keep slimming our real estate portfolio up in Roxboro and simplifying our lives; a little continuing education coursework so I'm ready for my late April renewal of a professional credential. Work.

No comments: