Sunday, February 06, 2022

A calm, trim day

It was actually an odd weekend, in that I made pancakes on Saturday because I planned to be out with a prospect on Sunday morning, fully intending to get a bacon, egg and cheese at Deli Edison on Sunday. All of this in fact came to pass and it was all good, save for the fact that they gave me my sandwich on a bagel -- admittedly a rather good one -- instead of the requested hard roll. As we have all heard, it's hard to hire right now and somebody goofed my order. 

As we grind on towards what we hope will be the close of this pandemic my horizons have obviously slimmed down a little. My days vary little. This weekend was a standout in that I napped not once but twice on the couch in my study. Today's was extra-delicious.

Yesterday there was of course tennis.

With little variety in my life, the fodder for the blog narrows ever further into more or less what I read and watch and what I think. I suppose it has been ever thus, but I'm really feeling it right now. The approach of spring and the seeming fading of Omicron will, I hope, broaden my horizons a bit, which will in turn diversify what I can bring to the blog. For your sake, dear reader, I hope so.

One highlight, just remembered. Was over at Alan Haig's sweet new crib last night for the Duke-Carolina game (let us never speak of it again) and Cashwell was there, natch. He told me that his son Sam, maybe two-three years younger than Natalie -- remembered her from their days together at Gwynn Valley as having been very kind to him. As we roll on through the years, this stuff matters.

No comments: