Thursday, February 10, 2022

Dream of laundry

Right now I have a client who is fighting cancer and is at home after another round of surgery and some chemo (I think. Having a hard time keeping up from Facebook. Must call her).


Last night I dreamt that I was over at her house, having promised to help out. One of the things I had either promised or seemed to need doing was laundry. First I gathered it up and it seemed like there was an awful lot of it. Then we were talking and I got distracted and she got a phone call which was actually an amusing video of some sort from someone on the faculty at Chapel Hill (she lives in Brooklyn, has no relation to Chapel Hill, so it was "random" except it was a dream so nothing is really random). Other distractions happened, time kept passing and I didn't do much helpful though we hung out and amused ourselves. Then finally I gathered up the laundry and found that it had mysteriously shrunk in volume but whatever. I went to get it started but got confused because her living room was decorated with lots of vintage washers and dryers, many of which looked very similar, though actually they were more the size of microwaves.

No comments: