Saturday, January 22, 2022

Where did she go?

An hour and change back I was headed down for a nap on the still excitingly new couch in my study while Mary went outside to do a little shoveling. Graham and I had already done the driveway and also part of the neighbors' across the street (the mom over there's mother apparently died unexpectedly in a fall a week or so ago, so I figured it was only neighborly to shovel a little). For a little while I heard the new metal shovel scraping the pebbled surface of the front walkway, then it stopped. When I got up a little while later to make coffee, she was nowhere to be found. The shovel was by the door, the back deck had not been cleaned up, somewhat to my chagrin.

Mary's running shoes were in the mudroom, which makes my best guess that someone came past while walking, maybe Jonathan's wife Sharon, perhaps together with Andrea, and Mary went walking with them.

I sure hope so. The woman needs to get out of the house more often. Frankly, when I have clients who are between jobs or whatever and also need to get out, I get on the phone with them and harass them to get out and look harder. This has worked very well with a couple of clients. I kinda need to do that with Mary, honestly. Left to her own devices she ands up spending too much time... with her devices! All too often she is found with her laptop on her lap writing email or her phone in hand, scrolling through Instagram. She needs more fresh air and fresh faces.

No comments: