Friday, January 28, 2022

News, good and bad

First off, the good news. Graham got into UNC. I suppose that with his good grades and SAT scores we should have considered it a foregone conclusion -- he and his friends had looked at the data and concluded that mathematically it would be almost impossible for them not to -- stories nonetheless abound about Chapel Hill kids who should get in but don't, so it was still comforting news. I slept soundly, till about 5 am, then I took a pill.

I woke up exhausted. Between the stress of college search, the years of COVID, weeks of markets going down (which I know is natural but is still no fun, especially when you have any nervous clients, and I have at least one), running the LFA for a couple of years now, trying to push Mary's book out the door, I'm burnt out. Plus client situations. Yesterday I learned that one of my first clients, and old friend from graduate school, got bad news on her cancer. It keeps getting worse. She is a trooper, I love her dearly.

In the near future loom taxes.

Nearer even, thankfully, is this weekend.

No comments: