Tuesday, January 04, 2022

A Dream of Black Shoes

Sometime last night I dreamt that I talked to Mary about my desire to purchase a nice and expensive pair of black men's shoes, similar to the Alfred Sargent boots that I bought in 1994 when we started going out. The ones I got married in and still wear fairly frequently after resoling them, though the leather cracked some during a decade or so when I wore them not at all.

In my dream I thought about how much they would cost ($400-$500 came to mind) and where I might shop for them (should I see what Nordstrom's at Southpoint might have or just wait to go to Saks when in NYC?). But I definitely knew that I should discuss a purchase this big with Mary, because that's kind of how we roll.

I have actually had some of these same thoughts in real life. But this, my friends, is pathetic. I should be able to dream a little bigger. 

Probably this is influenced by my reading of the Gibson/Sterling book described back in December, which is a little too taken up with matters of haberdashery.

No comments: