Thursday, September 16, 2021

Scenes from an office

Almost always I post early in the morning, or at least early by my standards, while the caffeine flows freely through my veins and the ideas are relatively fresh. Which means I rarely post from here, at my desk at the office. It is nonetheless one of my favorite places, a Clean Well-Lighted Room of My Own, as it were. Very few people bother me here, and when they do it's most often people I like and it's often amusing. Now during COVID, everybody masks responsibly.

I have been sad in recent months, nonetheless, by the failure of the snack machine vendor to stock the machine with Ms Freshley's Donut Sticks. Though they sound disgusting, they are really quite delicious. When they do get stocked, they disappear quickly, and I don't think it's just coincidence. My office mate Adam agrees, and together we stalk the snack machine on maybe a weekly basis, though it's a rather long walk from our office.

For my sake, it's good that they appear only fleetingly, like desert flowers. I see on the interweb that we could order them in bulk, but that would be bad. Their scarcity enhances their allure.

A quick search shows that I have written about them before. My bad. This happens with good and perennial topics.

No comments: