Friday, September 10, 2021

A new day

Awoke this morning from a crappy night's sleep. I had some difficulty falling asleep -- Mary had her light on a little longer than I would have liked -- then I had a combination of dissertation anxiety dreams -- I have written about those before -- last night I had one where I had to write another dissertation for some reason and I just didn't feel like it. Also, I had promised someone in Australia or someplace like that I'd be down there for dinner but it was already late afternoon and I was sort of milling about the department and had no idea out I was going to get there


Then, closer to morning, I started obsessing about our upcoming pressure washing and whether I needed to take the screens off our windows. The answer, of course, is that it's better to but that it's a pain in the ass to do it for some of the windows, so we just did the easy ones and then will clean up the other windowsills after the fact.

Also, it's Mary birthday, her 57th to be specific. I'll have to figure out a way to be extra nice to her, since she hasn't quite decided what she wants for dinner and we are delaying her big birthday present purchase until next weekend, when we are to snap up a piece of art by Margaret Sartor, who wrote the intro for Mary's upcoming book. Probably I should help her fill out her brand new LinkedIn profile so she can let her light shine a little more brightly for the world.

No comments: