Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Messy interlude

Between Natalie and her roommate Anya, we filled a pretty good sized storage space in New Haven. But we also brought home a pretty full car of stuff. Given that she's headed out to California soon, it wasn't really clear what all this stuff is for, but really I'm one to talk. I seem to remember bringing my whole stereo and all my vinyl home from college, I think just for Christmas, because how on earth was I ever going to live without it for 3-4 weeks?

And now it is pretty much strewn all over the house, though it's gradually being cleaned up. The inveterate neatnik in me really wants to let her know it bugs me by stomping my feet and making a scene but... I know she's only here for a week so it's really not worth creating a ruckus over it. There will be enough tensions that arise.

This, then, is the essence of adulting.

No comments: