Saturday, May 08, 2021

A good day to me

After a couple of days of stress around HOA stuff involving a disgruntled former Board member and things the current Board is doing that threaten his legacy -- and some shit he has stirred up on the nabe listserv, we are moving on. Also, Graham took his SATs today. 

And I am moving towards the end of my most recent Elizabeth George mystery novel. On the one hand, that means I will have to get back to reading one of my more serious books. On the other, it's nice to get to the end of this rather slow-moving mystery and figure out what the hell is going on. Really, by this time I could do with a little bit less of the soap opera in the lives of the main characters. Yes, it would be nice if St James and Deborah had a baby, and if Lynley and Helen would tie the knot, and if Travers would sell her old family house and move on with her life. But I don't care that much. It would be nice to see a few more corpses, honestly. It has been nice to have a long narrative to come back to throughout the pandemic, but now I'm ready for the next book.

I have folded the laundry. Now I must bike. Then Graham will select our takeout for the evening.

No comments: