Friday, January 21, 2005

Underlining

Thumbing through my old copy of Fear and Trembling looking for a specific passage from 20 years ago, I found lots of underlining. In college, it seemed like if I didn't underline stuff, I wasn't really studying. Now I look at these cool old marked-up editions and it's almost unbearable, I can't read em. It's a terrible shame.

In other news, Mary and I spent a little time watching the "50 Greatest Moments in Reality TV" the other night. I was thinking the "50 Greatest" feature might lead to enhanced quality, but I was wrong. The only good thing about reality TV is that, like football, it keeps people stupid enough to watch it off the streets and out of restaurants, at least temporarily.

Too much diet soda. Why don't they keep more seltzer here at the office? Is it really so challenging?

I'm obviously just sitting here trying to think of things to write, no. I think my blog is much more compelling when I get out in the streets and see stuff.

Oh yes, oh yes. It's time for a return to a little feature we like to call song du jour. Today's feature comes from a Detroit-area band called Northwind, ca 1979, a band fronted by the father of a colleague of ours right here in the great Garden State. With no further ado, I give you Zandor.

No comments: