Friday, January 21, 2005

Beware what you ask for

I think I was recently bitching about global warming. Now it's cold as all get out, eight degrees right here in Princeton tonight, and the walls of our house aren't doing much to stanch the flow of energy outwards. If any of you young folks out there are thinking of purchasing a home, let me just say this: look out for so-called "masonry frame" walls. That's an inspector's way of saying concrete, alias no insulation. Not a warm fuzzy.

Watching The Bourne Supremacy tonight. That Jason Bourne sure does have a temper. Running around killing people, pointing a gun at poor Julia Stiles's pretty little head (though the It girl of a few years back is really just happy for a role, honestly. She's too old to make the high school romances with a black guy movie yet again). Makes me think of Rodney King: why can't we all just get along. I see where this plot is headed, however. The guy who's about to retire is the one who hosed the whole Treadstone unit, mark my words. We'll check back in tomorrow night when we watch the other half of the flick.

No comments: