Thursday, January 27, 2005

My outfit today

Ended up wearing my green suit today because I pulled brown socks out of the sock drawer in the dark, so I had to go with the brown shoes. Then I had to go with a pinkish-red checked shirt and red tie because all the white shirts I had had shrunk too much to be worn with a tie. So I look like Christmas.

So what's up with white shirts, I ask you? Do they not seem to shrink more quickly than colored ones? Is there something in the dye of the colored ones that guards against shrinkage? I'm befuddled.

I was going to write a quasi-indignant thing about the anniversary of the opening of Auschwitz and reading Andrew Sullivan's review of some Abu Ghraib books, but I'm sure that line of thinking is readily available elsewhere. Never again? Great idea.

No comments: