Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Upcoming wedding

I opened Facebook this morning (it tends to happen sometime during your average day) to find a post announcing the engagement of Emily, daughter of my good friend Eric from college. I started crying from joy immediately. I don't know why I was struck so hard. I think that, as an almost 58-year old, we are getting to the place in our lives where we should be going to more marriages to offset the steady cadence of funerals, mostly those of our parents' generation but also, to be sure, of some of our peers. Like Rick a couple of weeks back.

Emily was two or so when we wound up our honeymoon at Eric and Anna's place outside of Rome back in '97. We have very sweet pictures of her running around at Castel Gandolfo (the Pope's summer place up in the hills south of Rome) and being wrapped in a warm blanked coming out of her bath. Super sweet memories.

Really I have nothing else to say. A great way to start the day as I get ready to head out to Colorado to ski with other college buddies.

No comments: