Thursday, January 11, 2024

Financial daily reader

For years now part of my morning routine has been reading from a daily reader from Al Anon, which dispenses a page-length nugget of wisdom to help one center. There are three such readers historically and a new one just came out. I'm sure there are many more examples of the genre, because for example Tolstoi compiled one of sayings from others, but it is largely insufferably didactic, which is really no surprise because that's how Lev Nikolaevich rolled in his later years. Nick Murray has one that is dedicated expressly for financial advisors. I have read it for years but may give it a pass in 2024 to let it refresh itself in the fertile garden of forgetting.


I recently listened in the car to Morgan Housel's The Psychology of Money, a worthy listen and read. It got me thinking that he should produce one of these daily readers of financial wisdom for a general audience. But then I thought, hold on a minute, why should he do it? Why not the Grouse?

So I have stubbed out an outline document for this project and begun the process of thinking about a flow. This may draw attention away from the blog. I may have to beg your forbearance, dear reader.

No comments: