Monday, November 08, 2021

Fruition

And so, after many months, nay years, of cajoling Mary to go shopping and pick a fabric and then waiting, all of my prayers are answered. First the metal roof was cleaned, and as a bonus we got the driveway and patio cleaned up quite nicely. Then shades were installed in my bedroom to block the fall-winter morning glare off of my screens. Now, after many months of teasing and taunting by the fates, my couch has arrived.


It is, admittedly, pretty big in this room. It barely fit around the corner at the top of the stairs (but it did, once the door was popped off). We need some sort of a coffee table (right now I am using mom's old shredder). But so what. It is here. It should be very nice for napping. Graham and I can very easily start watching TV up here in the evenings (though some sort of foot support -- perhaps a hassock, if I may be so bold -- will be important for optimal angle of viewing) and thereby not distract Mary from her eternal vigil with her laptop. Also we will need a standing lamp.

For now, there is no need to focus on the lacks. I am more or less whole, and Christmas is not even here yet.

No comments: