Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Sincerity

I was sending out an initial email exhorting friends and family to support my ride in the June 16th American Diabetes Association Tour de Cure to raise money for diabetes research, and found that I was having a difficult time adopting an unironic, enthusiastic tone to ask those nearest and dearest to me to donate to support this most worthy cause, fighting a disease which afflicts some 20 million Americans. If I had been better indoctrinated in the ways of corporate America, like, say, with an MBA, or by working at Walmart, I would assumedly have less trouble donning this mask of unaffected and perky sincerity. I have not had this training, however, so however much I may believe that it is an unalloyed mitzvah to give in support of diabetes research, I will be at pains to express myself directly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow that was circumlocotuitous.