Sunday, May 27, 2007

Little blessings?

Home safe from Cincinnati, I prep and then install our fleet of air conditioners to fight back the vicious Jersey heat. Later, getting an update from Natalie and cousin Sadie, I learn that there are new residents of our little patch of earth. To wit, kittens. Living with mama in hole in one of rotten floarboards in our old shed. These kittens are said to be, I'll have you know, quite cute.

Hmmmm... This could throw quite a wrench into the "we'll talk about getting a pet when you're a little older" line of argumentation we've been taking with Natalie. Should Graham perk up and join the fray, it could get complicated.

Denial, one would think, would be the right way to approach this. Act like it's not happening or like it's so trivial that it might as well not be happening. Is that the tack we take? Oh no. We have to feed the mama and kittens. For starters, half a can of tuna fish. And when I get home from the airport and eat the other half of the can, they all look at me like I'm some horrible kitten-meal-depriving criminal.

We'll have to see how this situation evolves.

No comments: