Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Kingston, NJ 8:34 AM

As I got into the right hand lane to turn off 27 onto the road to the Forrestal Center, a woman pulled up next to me on my left in a 1988-ish Corolla, white with one of those faux-fabric tops you used to see on Tbirds, Coronados and the like. One hubcap missing. The woman wore a goofball quasi-skiing headband and some Zsa-Zsa Gabor sunglasses. When she stopped for the light she reached down by the gearshift and picked up a.....

....bowl of cereal! I kid you not, a ceramic bowl filled with cereal and milk with its very own metal spoon. I kid you not. Bowls of cereal do not make most people's lists of car food, but hey, why not? It's the United States of America, right?

I'm guessing she was a nurse headed for New Brunswick. Nursing is a very nerd-friendly field.

No comments: