Saturday, February 19, 2005

Ladies Night

Mary read a good review of the USA Network original dramatic presentation Ladies Night, in which Starsky swindles and kills a bunch of women, so we watched it. I hadn't watched any USA programming for over a decade, since I quit drinking, really, and there is a correlation between the two. Nothing has changed. It's a wierd parallel universe, the USA world, I guess it's much like most network TV, but I never watch that easy. Everybody's always swaggering around in and out of convenience stores, malls, pawn shops, ogling each other and trying to act clever and jump bones. All the actors are good-looking, but unknown (i.e. cheap). The dialogue appears to have been autogenerated. Only cheap cars are used in chase scenes. I think this is the America I don't live in. It's more appealing if you're drunk around midnight. Then maybe it makes sense.

Also learned that Pizza Hut has new pizza strips for dunking with three separate sauces (I think Pizza Hut is illegal in New Jersey). And Dunkin Donuts has new apple pie. And couples fight over driving the Mercury. I thought those were just for renting.

No comments: