Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Post prandial musings

With good reason, I make a concerted effort to blog first thing in the morning. For one thing, that's when my brain is relatively fresh and ambitious so the early start allows me to share some of the very best stuff I can. By the time I'm at my desk I am off to the races, really a slave to the rhythms of my calendar, phone, task list, inbox and the markets, more or less in that order. The best days are full ones run off the task list and calendar and barely acknowledge the markets.

Here's what my set up looks like now. The painting in middle is by CHHS's own Joel Bergquist, the sketch to the right of it in this picture is by some UNC grad student. To the far right is a plaque presented to my grandfather in 1958 celebrating 22 years (what a random number!) of partnering with the long-defunct US Royal Tires. On the left are my Yale and Columbia diplomas. They look a little pretentious but they gotta hang somewhere and if I were a doctor or a lawyer you know I'd have them shits up there.


This is my fifth office in the last seven years. The building I'm in is swankier than my last one (where I had been in 3 places over four and a half years or so). It really doesn't matter where I am, so long as I have a door I can shut when I'm on the phone and an external monitor. It's all good. Though I must say that bringing a comfy arm chair in here where I could read peacefully without being subject to the lame pop music piped into the common area of our Industrious co-working space would add value. I should pop into the Re Store on the Boulevard and see what I can wrangle for cheap.


No comments: