Saturday, August 05, 2023

A hot one

Today appears to be shaping up as a hot one so I'll need to hustle to get out on my bike before it becomes too oppressive, but nonetheless I must pause to offer succor to the gods of blogdom, lest the rhythm of the day once more bounce me off in different directions. As per usual, I'm happy to be home and to have a Saturday which can unfold in its proper way: meeting, exercise, lunch, nap, coffee... Today is broken up only by a wedding of two clients today at five, an outdoor wedding... I will not elaborate on my feelings about the outdoor element of this wedding.

It was a bustly week in its own way. A day that looked full emptied as friends/clients had to move meetings because of macro and micro issues, then another client muscled in to discuss marital money challenges. I knew his spouse's perspective, now I got his better.

But mostly I was glad to be home. I'm excited to go away with Mary to Europe in a couple of weeks on our first such trip since our honeymoon, but first I'll embrace being here for the last two weeks of summer with Graham.

Speaking of, Graham and friends have been having regular board game parties together. Last night six or seven of them got together and did it at our house. I'm talking multiple nights a week. This summer has really been one of remedial socializing for him, cramming in much of the relationship-forming that didn't take place because of COVID, autism, and the intensity of achievement culture at East. All good.

No comments: