Thursday, April 20, 2023

Ongoing

As I settle into the rhythm of empty-nesting scintillating blog post topics present themselves ever less often. Then again, if you are reading this, you probably aren't showing up for the hair-raising, death-defying chase scenes or shocking plot twists.

Often what happened this morning happens: I had the idea for a topic, but before writing it up I had the good sense to search the blog to see if I had written about it before. I had.

As I settled into my armchair to transition the morning from reading to writing I looked at my phone and saw a message from my friend Eric who lives outside of Rome. His brother David had died suddenly in New York. David was a good but challenging guy but was chased by many of the same demons I was, amped up to a Manhattan level of intensity.

On the positive side of the ledger, yesterday I had good appointments at the dentist and the nephrologist and took my car to Auto Logic for an oil change and a wellness check. Fingers crossed that Marianne from the garage doesn't call me with unexpected bad news but, whatever it is, it won't be too bad because the car is a Toyota and if there was anything really wrong with it, I'm pretty sure I'd know already.

No comments: