Saturday, April 29, 2023

Mr Modern Maturity

"Mr Modern Maturity" is a phrase Mary and I used to say about someone in our household, we're just no sure who it was. Was it Graham, at some point in time in his childhood when he crossed a developmental threshhold? Or was it, perhaps, our dog Story, when he passed from puppydom into adult dogdom at some point in time. Neither of us can remember.

So I did the only logical thing when faced with such a conundrum: I searched my blog, where I have whenever possible catalogued this kind of thing, little familial catch phrases or things the kids said at phases of their development. But I didn't find it.

Instead, I decided to dive into a random month of the blog's history: October, 2006. There, I found some good memories. Not every post is great, but some of it is absolutely worthwhile. Interestingly, I also found posts I had written then about things that had happened earlier in my life.

Given the abiding topics of today, it made me wonder what it would be like to use my blog as a baseline corpus for a generative AI, to produce a version of myself. I think what would likely emerge is an improved version of myself, given the things that I have intentionally not included in the blog over the years, first and foremost criticism of various family members at times when they've been annoying me. 

No comments: