Saturday, March 04, 2023

On the snow

Had my first day skiing in the Rockies today, my first day of what everyone around here would term actual skiing, and I must say that I get it. Skiing on this actual snow does indeed differ significantly from the thin layer of entirely machine-made snow back in NC. 


My goal for the trip is to make it through injury-free while enjoying the company of a fine set of college friends. So far so good on both fronts, though it took a lot of discipline to respect the lactic acid in my legs and skip the last 30 minutes of my ski lesson. It may take even more self=control tomorrow when I am out skiing with the lads. 

Back east, George was laid to rest in a green burial at Sleepy Hollow, NY. I was sad to miss it, but given that there is no embalming or the like involved it was important to get him in the ground quickly. There were friends and flowers and siblings, it looked lovely.

No comments: