Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Ongoing

What can I say about today? Really it's just another day of managing through. Marvin's almost done with our painting project. Mary started talking about the downstairs bathroom(s) yesterday at dinner but I think we focus on new closets etc. upstairs first, which is feasible because of my new office which will let Mary cull some of her old photo stuff. I know I should do the same with some of my books, especially the old Russian ones, so I can't be too hard on her for holding onto things. I also need to find a new home for a piano my mom saved from the dump back in 1963 or something. 


I need to give money to a charity -- Extraordinary Ventures -- that is run by our friend Lisa. I explained last night to Mary that I have been giving in larger chunks to non-profits we love and we need to continue in that vein. I have travel to plan and client meetings to prepare for. One older client is suing someone for non-payment of a loan he extended against my recommendation. One younger client took money from a 529 in a stupid way and is probably going to get dinged for it: that's how we learn things, by making mistakes when we are younger.

At the end of the day there's tennis with Adam in my new shoes, followed by some sort of information session about lake finances -- initiatives I championed when a Board member then chair and have been carried forward by the new Board. I will show up and listen and try not to butt in too much, because I have stepped away from that.

All in all, another day. The sun appears determined to shine. 

No comments: