Friday, December 02, 2022

Discipline

After a vigorous week of money-wrangling and talking to people about their various issues (amongst them cancer, autistic children, divorce, retirement/moving into an assisted living community) I was really quite ready to sink into my office couch and read this here book at around 4:30. Then I looked at the weather and saw it was planning to rain tomorrow, which translates to a very bad day for raking. So I hauled my ass off the couch and went out into the yard and raked well past dark.

There are an awful lot of leaves, but I took care of a reasonable chunk of them, including the pesky ones on the patio that blow into the mud room unbidden. Then I lay in our epic multiyear leaf pile and checked out the moon while listening to some kids play with an illuminated frisbee over in the park. That looks like a pretty cool toy.  

No comments: