Wednesday, September 07, 2022

The Jumbletron

Back at it today, another 24 of trying to manage through the competing claims on my time and attention. First and foremost now Mary's mom's health challenges up in Westchester, followed by client concerns (a young client thinking of dropping $ on Portuguese citizenship, a single mom my age trying to work on her house and travel with her teenager while planning for retirement and long-term care, a 401k thinking of changing platforms...). Then there's handing off the dam to current Board members, working with Natalie on holiday planning, selling some land up in Roxboro, planning an article in the local news site.

To say nothing of beating Adam at tennis this afternoon. And then a Bulls' game with a bunch of the fellas, mostly old Tigers.

All I can say is that I thank God for these small yellow pads that have grown into my daily organizers over the years. There are a gazillion apps out there designed to help us keep stuff straight, and indeed I use them -- a calendar, a CRM, two separate filing systems on my laptop/the cloud (one personal, one work), numerous Google sheets for different projects, and so on. But without my little yellow pad I'd be lost.

No comments: