Sunday, September 25, 2022

Stepping into the swirl

COVID symptoms seem to be largely dying back. Night sweats were less bad last night, but maybe that's because it was cooler? I can make myself cough if I breathe deeply, so mostly I just don't push it. We'll find out on the court with Z this afternoon what the real deal is.


Was checking in on FB this morning to see if there was notification from the Be Loud! Sophie team on how much $ this year's concert took in. There was a bit of a surprise when somehow Preesh, who had been supposed to do a set of Police songs, were somehow absent and replaced by a trio of ruffians with long beards who played, of all things, a set of ZZ Top songs. Somehow actual law enforcement was not called in in defense of their wayward musical allies. Clearly this defunding of the Police thing has gone too far, if this is what's gonna happen.

Then I saw there was a post by Alvis Dunn about something from his lifetime of growing up in Bonlee, then bouncing around Central America before becoming a history professor at Asheville. I knew that I was going to have to read it, as I invariably do (they are amongst the highlights of that half-occursed platform), and I was reminded of my friend Blue's evergreen admonition that if I'm reading, I ain't writing, so here I am. But now I've got to turn the corner towards a Zoom with my friend Eric in Rome and Sarah out on the Marin Coast and whoever else from our crew might show up. Eric will be working on Rosh Hashanah dinner, so I must greet him properly.

No comments: