Monday, September 05, 2022

Acceleration

Today I slept till 8:30, the third morning in a row that I slept that late. Can't recall the last time that happened.

I need to meet Alex in the park in 14 minutes to go across the dam and talk to the neighbors over there about a place where water is not flowing where it wasn't some years ago. Also they chopped down a tree that I wish they wouldn't have. Heading into hurricane season, we will watch the area behind that end of the dam carefully.

Felicitously, when Alex saw my Yale Peabody Museum hat yesterday he mentioned that he had spent about a decade at Yale himself in the forestry school, so I asked if he knew my friend Tony. Turns out, of course he did, quite well in fact. Now we have additional leverage to get Tony, Missy, and Tensing to come visit sometime.

We had dinner with Graham's girlfriend, her mom, and her fiance. Turns out it was her fiance's dog Hunter who had bit me a few years back when I was running on North Lakeshore. Long story. I may have told it before.

Gotta hop.

No comments: