Saturday, September 24, 2022

Another day

Once more, another day and weekend is sliding away from me as I sit in this chair and manage the streams coming across my devices, as well as the things going on outside my window, like this stupid deer that is nibbling that the nubs of what was once considered a "deer-resistant" garden before the deers' palates grew more sophisticated and encompassing of a broader array of leafy greens.

Mom and I had our morning catch up and inventorying of our respective COVID symptoms and our progress in vanquishing them. We're both fine but could be better. It appears there's an asymptotic element to the fade of this thing. My court date tomorrow with Adam will be the true test.

Meanwhile, Natalie had an early flight to Anchorage en route first to Fairbanks and then, after a couple of days, to Homer. She regaled me via text with stories of what she saw, like the guy in front of her in line who took forever because he was checking his weapons, or the way she initially took offense when they asked if she was traveling alone but then realized it was because flights were so empty on such small planes that they needed to factor these things in for weight balancing purposes. Apparently she needs explicit permission to move around the cabin on her first flight. I'm sure as she goes through the week eventually she will be on planes that don't have bathrooms. Adventure!

In any case, I am pretty deep by now into day 2 of my lamentable COVID-era (i.e. since 3/2020) practice of not showering or shaving till late in the day. Often I've been doing it in the evenings. Yesterday it was 8 and I hadn't even begun dinner and I was just like to hell with it. Better go fix that before my phone rings.

No comments: