Thursday, June 30, 2022

The Inner Swirl

It is early days yet. I am still releasing myself from the responsibilities of recently stepping down as chair of the HOA. I can scarcely go round the lake or look at the dam I without thinking of the many issues involved in managing them, then I try to remind myself that it's not really on me.

Into this burgeoning calm and possibility has erupted the recent revelation of major conflict within my firm. Or, rather, it's not the conflict itself which has revealed itself, it's the depth and complexity of it. I have generally leaned to one side of it, but yesterday I sat and listened to the other partner for a while and realized that the situation was a good deal more complex than I had credited.

It is certainly not something I will solve by myself, but I have put myself in for a role in the discussions. Being on and then running the LFA Board for a while certainly has made me better prepared to play a role in this, but I am weary from it all. And also this 5-day week I am working. I have become unused to them. Thank God Monday is a holiday.

No comments: