Friday, July 30, 2021

The 'limpics

I haven't really been watching the Olympics that much in recent years, but I guess I'm catching the spirit this year. Became a Fan fan in the table tennis final, but then had to admit he was outclassed by Ma in the end. Then, I was at first poo pooing the Triathlon mixed relay, but then I basically couldn't tear my eyes away from the race for a full hour and twenty minutes. Of course I was delighted to see the US women sneak through over the Netherlands in the morning, and more than pleased to see Djokovic get his ass kicked by Zverev in the men's tennis. And the track and field basically hasn't started.

It looks like I am in.

Oh yeah, Mary's mom was supposed to make it up here for dinner tonight, but she didn't because she got in a fender bender with a motorcycle. Turns out she ran into a guy George Jr. used to sail with. They figured it out while they were waiting for the cop to show up. "How nice to run into you," he said.

No comments: