Monday, July 26, 2021

Ready to roll

Tomorrow we hit the road for the first of my three major road trips to conclude the summer.

  1. To the Northeast to see colleges and family with Mary and Graham
  2. Home from Austin (after flying out there) with Natalie -- via Birmingham where we will visit the Racial Justice Memorial
  3. From Chapel Hill to New Haven with Natalie to settle her in for her (gasp) senior year of college
In preparation we are scrambling around getting things done: mowing the yard, suspending newspaper subscriptions, paying tuition (thanks Adam and Ben for reminding me about that little issue), etc.

Hopefully this weekend marks the end of the neighborhood listserv batshittery about the playground out in the park. I have, gentle reader, spared you the details about that. Next time you see me, thank me for doing so. One thing I have learned is that when I quit this board I am going to really need to walk away from it and be truly done with it. I can't try to influence from beyond the grave unless my feedback is requested.

No comments: